Tuesday 17 February 2015

Sacred Music Sacred Geometry

This Blog is intended to be a personal journey, so although there will be quite a few posts here linked to my thoughts about magic, there will also be quite a bit about what is informing my thinking and some pretty weird stuff along the way!

Recently I have become very interested in the concept of energy fields, sacred number and geometry. The latest piece of work I am developing is an attempt at exploring this to some extent, or at least to open the audiences eyes to these possibilities.

Also, Dr Todd Landman is exploring a similar theme in his work on the Macrocosm. This is being developed in our latest joint work - The Moon Board. (With Todd taking credit for most of the work here, Paul Kostrach for the actual physical manifestation, and a somewhat more ethereal contribution from me!).

I have always used energy fields as part of performance, even with standard card tricks! Understanding human energy fields, working with them and employing them as part of your work can really contribute to elevating your performance into something that is a truly magical experience for your audience. This is a subject that I am sure that I will return to here.

All of this has led me into a study of what lies behind the phenomena. It is amazing just how much knowledge there is out there in regard to this; really detailed and quite profound knowledge. This had led me to understand that there is a structure behind what we perceive as reality, and that this structure is expressed through mathematical and geometric relationships. How this relates to the performance of magic is not entirely clear to me at the moment. However, it seems to be a more interesting direction than the rather stale and overused themes in magic that we seem to habitually explore. Whilst I do not want to abandon magic for purely entertainment or for telling a good story, I think we can also use magic to achieve a deeper connection for our audience.

So to give some idea of what I am talking about I would like to share something here that I found to be worthy of consideration. I hope it inspires my readers in the same way it inspired me.




No comments:

Post a Comment